Tired? Headache? Susceptible it infections?
FerritinCHECK is a rapid test for the diagnosis of iron deficiency at home. Iron deficiency is caused by insufficient dietary intake and absorption of iron, or iron loss from bleeding (for example, menstrual bleeding, abnormal bleeding or ulcers), also during pregnancy or growth phase, and has serious health consequences. FerritinCHECK is intended as an aid in the diagnosis of iron deficiency. The final diagnosis must be confirmed and treated by a healthcare practitioner.
Each kit contains everything necessary for the test performance: a test cassette, an instruction leaflet, a solution bottle with sample dilution buffer, 1 automatic sterile lancet for comfortable blood sampling, a glass capillary tube, a pipette, an alcohol pad and a plaster. The results can be read within 10 minutes.
Iron deficiency prevalence is highest among young children and women of childbearing age. It is important that current body iron stores are sufficient. Iron is stored in a protein complex as Ferritin. Hence, Ferritin in the human blood serum is a laboratory marker of the total amount of iron stored in the body. Fatigue, headache, pallor, strong heartbeats or shortness of breath are all possible indications of an iron deficiency.
- Ferritin is a protein complex used for iron storage.
- Concentrations below 15 ng/ml indicate empty iron storage, while values up to 30 ng/ml are considered scarce.
- Causes can be, among others, growth, pregnancy, low iron uptake, blood loss or acute infections.
Who should get tested?
Athletes, children and women of child-bearing age suffering from headaches, fatigue, or shortness of breath under strain.
Advantages of self-test:
• Complete test kit with all the necessary accessories.
• Safe & easy test procedure at home & immediate result.
FerritinCHECK Instructions for use: